View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 08:00 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom. View Post
I can't understand how the universe is expanding even though they say its infinite.
some believe universe is infinite and some believe it is finite

ones who think finite believe before time and space existed there was truly nothing and total void
their answer to "how does the universe expand into nothing" is complicated and involves space time warping :s

here is my theory

Universe is infinite
At the centre of almost all galaxies is a supermassive black hole
There is one at centre of Milky Way
Once this supermassive black hole engulfs the entire galaxy it leads to a big bang WITHIN the universe
This happens periodically over billions and billions of years
The big bang theory says everything came from one bang, but I always think why are the galaxies so far apart from each other.
If a spew of matter shot out from centre of the universe 13 billion years ago why does everything settle in clumps at vast distances apart?
If my theory was true, then it answers his question.
There was no 1 single big bang at start of universe. Universe has always existed and is infinite.
Instead each galaxy is result of a supermassive black hole leading to a big bang.
Imagine throughout all the infinite billions of years this has been happening, it is bound to affect what we see in the sky through telescopes.
When they looking at things that don't exist anymore as it has taken the light so long to get to Earth and be visible, it is not an exact science.
So many factors can distort what they think they may be looking at.
Grimnir is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote