View Single Post
Old 30-03-2011, 11:46 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
I watched that last night and am astounded he had the brass neck to consider suing, considering he's one of the biggest media *****s around. If he's a laughing stock, he did that all by himself. What he was whingeing about is the audacity of the press printing stories about him which were actually true. Furthermore, it was interesting to learn that you have little hope of winning a law suit if someone prints their own opinion of you, if your actions have actually validated said opinion.

I'm not a fan of Sheryl Gascoigne but I think it's right that she won her cases against the three newspapers because they had, in fact, printed out and out lies about her. It's quite scary actually that unless you are wealthy enough to take them on, journalists can print what they like about you safe in the knowledge that they can get away with it.
After her appearance in IAC, I quite like Sheryl and she came across very well in last night's program - elegant, articulate and determined to get an apology for the scurrilous attacks from THREE unprincipled newspapers .....

Lembit, OTOH, has put himself in ludicrous positions and deserves to called for the fool that he is .....
Omah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote