BB12: Heaven
UBB: Makosi

It's lacroix darling

Favourites (more):
BB12: Heaven
UBB: Makosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I wouldn't go that far. An interface is just an interface. The PSN isin't perfect but I'm more concerned about the games and not the lurvely menus they get picked from. They still don't have the marketing down though. M$ have made the Xbox as cool as an iPOD. Compare it to Sony's marketing strategy and it's just hysterical.

If anything the hardware is a disaster of a double edged sword. The PS3's architecture is in reality almost a generation above the 360's but it hasn't been utilized yet because it's so cumbersome to code for. Developers are only getting the hang of it about now. As a result the 360 get's picked as the primary platform for developing multiplatform games on because of it's ease of use whilst some B-Team office block of hacks get given the task of making an inferior PS3 port.

Virtually every multiplatform title looks slightly worse on PS3 despite it clearly being the stronger platform whereas the titles designed specifically for the PS3 look amazing. Crysis 2 looks hazy and washed out in the port yet you have some of the best graphics ever in MGS4 and Killzone.

Yeah the marketing for the PS3 is piss poor. You rarely, if ever, see an add for PS3 on the telly. But MS have them on near constantly. That really irks me cause it makes me feel like Sony don't give a flying fuck about getting their brand known. No wonder their sales lag so far behind the competition. :/

I never knew about coding issues for the PS3 though, I just assumed the difficulty of coding for the thing was on par with the Xbox's. Interesting.

In terms of software though, I meant that Sony's software is really half assed. Take PS Home for example. Sony could have made that a brilliant rival for the Xbox avatars if they wanted too. You could've had your home character as your PSN representation of yourself. That would've been amazing. But nope, they just left Home to be the un-intergrated and boring mess it is. And don't even get me started on PS+.

Last edited by Niall; 24-04-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Niall is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote