View Single Post
Old 25-06-2011, 01:42 PM #40
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
GTA IV's Storyline was a joke - it was so dull and depressing and the game itself was 'too realistic'.

What Rockstar did with Gay Tony, was return to the way the game was back in Vice City and San Andreas and got rid of the whole 'Realism' feature.

How can you say it's not a Mayhem game?
Look at those pictures.

It certainly is, far more than GTA IV.

I haven't played Just Cause although I'd like to, Prototype - fair enough.

But it's definitely a great game to just go bonkers in, not as much as you could in SA or VC but it's almost there.

Lost and Dammed was awesome though, c'mon?
Honestly the storyline might not of been 'as deep' as IV but Rockstar did an amazing job tieing BOGT and TLAD in with GTA IV - and the missions themselves within Gay Tony and Lost and Dammed, piss all over the missions in GTA IV.

They were so much fun to do, particularly BOGT.
I think the best mission TLAD had was that 'Prison Break' one where you need to drive the bus to the other side of town whilst being attacked by Police - doesn't sound appealing but it was a blast.
It's definately a better mayhem game yeah but compared to San Andreas, Saints Row, etc it's not one I reach for that often. It still feels too heavy. The character movement, driving mechanics etc.

I probably enjoyed Lost more than BOGT actually as far as missions and story go. It was a very old school, no nonsense kind of story. They didn't try and make you think your character was a good guy. His just a thug.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote