View Single Post
Old 15-08-2011, 08:38 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
I dunno, I don't really think about it all that often but if I did have children, I would definitely want to have at least 3, maximum 4. I'm the middle brother (32, just about 20, 16) and although the age gap is quite big, the three of us get on really well. I think it's kind of, I dunno, inconsiderate to just have one child if you are planning to have a family, in the sense that only children have a kind of limited upbringing. They don't learn social skills that those with siblings do, in my experience, like learning to share, understanding the value of money (obviously that's a relative thing, but I mean that only children are the sole focus of their parents' parental affections, so they get more from their parents than those with siblings do) and learning certain manners and habits...
I am the eldest out of my five and that has taught me so much about life altogether - I'm so much more responsible because of the fact I've spent all these years looking out for the younger ones and they have all looked up to me. It's quite nice really. It's also quite funny too - when I went through that 12/14 year old spotty hormonal stage they all laughed at me and made fun of me but now I can look down at them and laugh as it's all over for me!
Lewis. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote