View Single Post
Old 30-08-2011, 05:20 PM #28

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat! View Post
The thing is, he is not gonna be as good this year. Their Offensive line especially the tackles are as good, he is gonna struggle a bit. Dont get me wrong, I think MIchael Vick is great, and everything, but to think he is worth $100 million, is crazy! These NFL owners have lost their minds off late I think, with the ridiculous extensions theve been given. You just need to play great for a season, and you are set for life. As a result, not only is it unlikely for lightning to strike twice, but once youve got a long contract extension, with guaranteed money, the motivation isnt even there anymore. PLayers should be getting 2, 3 years extensions. BUt I guess with the collective bargaining agreements, the players union have done a great job. I wonder how some of the retired greats feel now watching this I remember Deion Sanders getting about $5 million a year, and that was huge!
I think Vick will be just as good, if not better this year than last. Of course, I have him in my fantasy team, so that might just be wishful thinking on my part. It is a big contract, but contracts like these will become typical will the new rules. This is just the first of many like this.

Anyway, I'm tentatively excited for this season and my Detroit Lions. I want to hope that they'll finally make the playoffs, but I hope that every year, and they never do.