View Single Post
Old 31-08-2011, 08:14 PM #7

Lightbulb Sally Bercow: 'My marriage is frosty but I have no Big Brother regrets'

http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/874016-sal...#ixzz1WdhB0Oh3

Quote:
Sally Bercow has admitted that her marriage to Speaker John Bercow has 'cooled' significantly since her stint on Celebrity Big Brother, but insists she doesn't regret taking part in the show.

She may not have been in the house for long before she was evicted by the public, but Sally still managed to attract her fair share of criticism for her appearance on the Channel 5 show.

And it looks like her week-long stint in the Big Brother house has also done damage to her marriage, with Sally admitting that relations with her husband John had been 'relatively cool' since her eviction.

'This is more serious than other ding-dongs we've had, but it won't wreck our marriage,' she said as she crossed her fingers during an appearance on The Wright Stuff a few days after her time in Celebrity Big Brother had finished.

She continued: 'He'd rather I was a stay-at-home wife, but after 20 years he knows what I'm like and, while he doesn't like it, he accepts if he didn't let me do any media our relationship would be doomed.'

Sally, who boasted to her celebrity housemates about dirty weekends away with her husband, has said in the past that she agreed to take part in the show so that she could give £100,000 of her £160,000 fee to an autism charity.

But she admitted that John had questioned her motives for going into the house: 'He said to me, 'Can't you raise it by doing a sponsored swim?' I said 'I don't have friends who can give me £100,000 for a sponsored swim.'

'I have absolutely no regrets going in, I know it was controversial, I know that my husband didn't approve. But I think I have come out unscathed.'

And the 41-year-old also revealed that she is still harbouring showbiz ambitions: 'I would love to do a bit more television. I'd still love to do I'm A Celebrity… or maybe Loose Women.

'And I still want to be a Labour MP.'
Ding-dongs, eh ?

Omah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote