View Single Post
Old 22-10-2011, 05:25 PM #1
User banned

User banned

Default I'm A Celebrity 2011: Show faces axe over huge storms!

http://********.co.uk/reality-tv/im-...ge-storms.html

Quote:
I’m A Celebrity 2011 could be taken off the air due to huge storms which have swamped the camp – and more are on the way. According to The Sun, producers fear that tropical cyclones in the area could threaten the safety of celebrities.

A new bunch of stars are currently set to enter the Aussie jungle in just a few weeks time, with a new series starting early in November, but the weather could cause the show to be axed.

“Producers have been holding crisis talks all week after the camp was engulfed by torrential rain,” an insider revealed.

“It turned into a mudslide — roads were blocked and water levels in the nearby creeks got dangerously high. The high winds also meant huge branches fell from trees and littered the camp, making it very unsafe on the ground.”

The source revealed that weather warnings have doubled this year, with the show’s crew having to plan emergency procedures in case the worse happens.

The insider continued: “All the production staff were forced to leave for 24 hours. When the celebrities are in the camp, they will be protected by a large tarpaulin — but if similar conditions happen again, it could become unsafe.

“Cyclone warnings for the area have doubled this year, meaning emergency evacuation plans have had to be created for the celebrities.

“Bosses are really worried about cyclones hitting the camp while the celebrities are in there. Lots of meetings have taken place to ensure contingencies are in place to evacuate them if the weather gets bad.”

The source added: “Our main concern is the celebrities and making sure they’re safe.

Last edited by michael21; 22-10-2011 at 05:29 PM.
michael21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote