Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Nacho View Post
I think generally speaking, the UK version does a better job of picking more interesting housemates.
Not this year, it was a crap selection. And on top of that they are just presented as caricatures in a comedy anyway.

Quote:
It really feels like (at least from an outsider's perspective) that BB is more widely known and discussed in the UK.
Less so than it used to be.

Quote:
Personally, I enjoy the strategic aspect of the US version way more. In the UK it is seen as a negative if you are thought to be "playing the game" or if you have a gameplan.
Not necessarily, Victor was appreciated for instance. But too many of the gameplayers have no originality, and the show is just presented as a comedy where all the HMs are just a joke anyway.

Quote:
I also like how it's possible to remove yourself from the eviction vote by winning a competition, however it has been pretty obvious recently how easy it is for the production staff to stack the odds in favor of selected housemates. Without question, that is a HUGE negative of BB US if you are operating under the assumption that it is a "reality" show. Then again, BB UK has had it's share of blatant manipulation through editing as well. Actually, now that I think about it, BB AU was pretty bad about this too. I suppose it's too much to ask to have a true reality show that hasn't been edited to show someone's idea of what reality should be.
It's never been a show completely about 'reality'. However reduce it to caricature like the British version has become and it just looks trash.

Quote:
I do like how the UK version allows you more potential to see the real personalities of the housemates. In the US version they are almost always playing the game, and while, as I said above, I don't think that's a bad thing, there is definitely something to be said for just observing the social aspect of the situation.
I think there is some social aspect to the American version. And the British version is not interested in real personalities, it didn't pick people that are that complex this year, and as in every year it just presents them as caricatures.

Quote:
Obviously the down side of the US version is that it's entirely possible for the "wrong" person to win. At least with the UK version, the majority of the viewers will be happy with the outcome. In the US, it's possible that almost nobody will be happy with the winner.
You'll never please everyone with the winner in whatever version. There have been winners in the British version who most of the audience might not have liked that much and certainly wanted their other favourites to win more. Also remember not all those who watch vote, most people probably don't vote. And the show is surely about the series as a whole and not simply who is the last one.

Quote:
I don't know what the perfect BB solution would be like. I do like it when BB UK allows their housemates to talk about discussions. It does have a more US/strategy feel to it, but I can see where, if the public still has 100% control over who goes, all the strategy in the world isn't going to matter.
There is strategy in both versions. And though they can't discuss nominations in the British one they can still heavily influence indirectly by saying to someone they like or dislike this HM or that group etc.

Greats of Big Brother

BBAU9 Estelle [avatar]
BBAU8 Brigitte
BBAU7 Aleisha
BBUS 13 Rachel
BBUK11 - Sunshine
BBUK10 - Marcus
BBUK9 - Stephanie
BBUK7 - Jennie
BBUK6 - Sam
BBUK5 - Victor
BBUK4 - Nush