Favourites:
BB12: Aaron
BB11: Sam

Favourites:
BB12: Aaron
BB11: Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychtracker View Post
Brian really needs to slow down with his interviews. Seriously, he just talks so fast, it's like the HMs are trying to process what he's saying, they spit out a couple words and he's raced on the next question. I get that he might've been extra hyped for the finale tonight, and there's time constraints etc.. But the highlight of the show should be actually hearing from the HMs we've been watching for near 70 days, not seeing how many questions Brian can squeeze into 6 mins. Admittedly i'm not a fan of his, but if he does continue on as host i think he really has to chill out a bit, and work on his skills, coz honestly he's an atrocious interviewer!
I have to agree with you on some things. I'm a Brian fan. I've liked him since BB2 and he's always been one of my favorites. I love the type of humour he has (as well as Aaron's although they aren't similar). With that being said, Brian's humour works best when it's not scripted. It's bound to each situation but it works because he's very quickwitted. Mostly it doesn't seem to work in the evictions though but I blame that to the fact that it's scripted.

But about last night's interviews. I was disappointed in them, but to be fair, not only because of Brian. I think the excitement got the better of Brian yesterday and he couldn't contain himself and asked too many questions without giving the time to answer. I think he's done well on the other interviews but last nights weren't good. I didn't like the questions much (however I don't even remember them at this point). Also I didn't like how he uses a phrase something like "to us it seemed..." because for example what he said about Aaron, I didn't agree with. To be fair, Emma does the same and that annoys me too (or now that I think about it, Emma might say "to me" which is ok because it shows her personal view, not a collective view of the viewing public).

On the other hand, even if the questions could have been better, I think he had a quite tough job because all the four housemates were shellshocked. I didn't have high hopes for Louise's and Alex's interviews and they were exactly as "deep" as I expected, but I was really surprised about Jay's and Aaron's interviews. I usually think they are able to speak and explain their feelings but yesterday neither of them was.

Last edited by crocs; 12-11-2011 at 06:39 AM. Reason: spelling
crocs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote