View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 09:29 AM #8
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Misha is very talented, of that there is no doubt.

Very early on - and I mean within about the 2nd show, she came across as very cocky and far too sure of herself given her young age - long before Louis and Tulisa's rant about Misha's bullying. She had that real air of arrogance about her. It then transpired that she was indeed a known bully in her life and at school (bearing in mind, she's not that 'long' out of school life).

However, Louise & Tulisa raising this issue : showed one thing only - that the ones in charge - weren't in charge - otherwise they'd have been able to deal with Misha's behaviour off stage, without having to resort to broadcast it on tv. Not only was it unprofessional -it showed that they couldn't handle Misha - if that was the only way to get her to 'behave'. By 'they' I mean ALL of the judges.

As for any of the judges overhyping her - let's be honest: they overhype the vast majority of acts in the beginning - they have to because they still have a show to run, and have to be 'seen' to have made the correct decision in allowing them through.

I lost count of the times that they told Craig and Janet for example: that they WERE stars, they WERE what they were looking for: they HAD star quality, they WERE recording artists etc. No longer had they said such things before they began circling round and critising both of them. (the latter, correctly because imo, neither of them had anywhere close to the talent that Misha has).

Having talent is one thing: you can afford to be an arrogant and cocky little madam when you've at least made your mark and can rest on your laurels. It's not so easy to carry that off when you are trying to find your way and are starting off. There are too many other talented people out there who are far easier to work with, and far more likeable all round.

Having talent is one thing, but you have to have the likeability factor as well - especially when just starting out. The one person to blame here as far as I can see is Misha herself.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote