View Single Post
Old 21-12-2011, 05:21 PM #644
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
There have been a few cases where posts on the internet resulted in High Court decisions as to whether they are to be classed as Libel or slander, the rulings were they are both, because of the transitory nature of internet databases.

That is posts can be deleted both by the originating user and also by the staff/admin of the site. They can also be cut and posted elsewhere on the internet very quickly.

Comment was made in one judges ruling that modern software also allowed the written word to be spoken. Though I am not sure if that comment was set into the precedent.

And if you couldnt tell that the warning was a tongue in cheek comment, bearing in mind Sam and his dads speed to talk about claiming compensation etc, totally disregarding the part the lad played in the scenario, then you really do need to see about sorting out your sense of priorities.
You are now going completely off tangent - banging on now about Libel & Slander cases - which have nothing to do with the thread or the story.

I'm don't need to do anything about my priorties - certainly not as far as posting my opinions on a forum. You however should at least try to stick to the main topic of the thread - rather than offering your own opinions on other forum members and derailing the thread. It's not about Libel or Slander.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote