View Single Post
Old 28-10-2011, 12:23 PM #9
0_o

0_o

Default Bias/Insulting fans of housemates/Appeals

Recently, we have noticed a lot of accusations of bias aimed at the moderators of this site. First off I must stress that even though moderators do chat on the main forum about their favourite housemates, this does not affect anything when it comes to actually moderating.

Everyone we see breaking a rule gets punished. We do not care who you support or who you dislike. For those who arent familiar with the rules, they are here. As long as your post is within those guidelines, you will not receive an infraction, no matter which housemate your post is talking about. Also, it might be useful for you to know that every infraction that any moderator gives is looked over by an administrator. And if anyone WAS found to be biased, they would be sacked.

If you ever do feel that you have received an unfair infraction there is a private forum HERE. Posts in this forum will be seen only by you and by staff. We are human, and sometimes we do make mistakes..and if you think you have not broke any rules yet still received an infraction, make a thread in this section explaining this and if you are found to be correct, the infraction/ban will be removed and an apology given. Do not use this section if you know you did break a rule.

The main rule that is being broken recently is people insulting fans of housemates. I believe this may be where members might be getting confused. It is FINE to insult the actual housemates(within reason, no libelous comments or wishing death on them etc.), but there is no reason at all to insult their fans(or people who dislike your fave), be this by generalizing, stereotyping, making snide comments or just insulting them.

It has also come to our attention today that a couple of members have infact been outright lying to other members about infractions they have received/reasons they got them, in order to make out that the site is biased. There is no reason for anyone to do this besides to wind other members up. It is little more than trolling in my opinion, and if this continues to happen, then the people involved WILL be banned.

If you have received any private messages or wall posts telling you that someone has received, for example, 5 infractions in a day just for saying they dislike Tom...take it with a pinch of salt. Some members do tend to exaggerate in general just to make out they are the innocent party in everything, whilst most people accept that they did break a rule, and simply move on...

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully the forum can run a little smoother from now on
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.