BB12: Heaven
UBB: Makosi

It's lacroix darling

Favourites (more):
BB12: Heaven
UBB: Makosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus View Post
Well, while you're at it I would also abolish anyone having exotic holidays if all some people can afford is Butlins, and nobody should be allowed to own a property when so many can't afford to get on the property ladder. *Once you've done all that, I suggest that all citizens are issued with a dictat as to what they may or may not purchase with the wages THEY have legitimately earned. *After all if Joe Bloggs, who is too arsed to work and lives on benefits, can't afford the same lifestyle, why should a hardworking citizen who pays huge taxes be allowed to reap the benefits of their labour?
I didn't mean it in that sense.

I was getting at the problems private school causes within our society, as MTVN has already stated, privately educated children are more likely to get the best Jobs in society and earn far far far more than state educated children, all because their parents paid for them. How is it fair that parents can buy their kids access into the top of society? It just reinforces that old class system we have in this country where the less well-off stay at the bottom, and the rich remain at the top.

A holiday is nothing in comparison to this. Is a holiday going to get you/your kids a top job? Is it going to get you privileges that you didn't have before because it was expensive? No. But in my opinion, that's what private education does and it's quite awful.

Last edited by Niall; 20-01-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Niall is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote