View Single Post
Old 26-04-2012, 02:36 PM #45
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennessy View Post
Livia it's my liberty to not be seen all the time, not to be regulated.
You're argument is like saying why don't we all have cameras in every house because if you're not up yo anything you'd have nothing to hide?
I go to sites that started that meme, I go to sites that have unsavoury jokes.
I ask for anonymity and you ask why.
China much?
I will ignore the China comment. I in no way want the Internet run by governments, so I don't see how that comment can apply to anything I've said so far.

Do what you like, go where you like... but eventually it will be policed. And by policed I mean monitored in the way this place is monitored - because it is inevitable.

My argument is nothing like saying there should be cameras in every house. My argument is like saying, don't have cameras in every house, but if someone is attempting to murder you in a house, someone will call the police and the police will come.

It's a wonderful thing to imagine that the Internet will remain free and unregulated, and if everyone was normal, and honest and trustworthy, it would be possible. But not everyone is, and therefore there will be constraints. I would rather it not be so, but I can also see why it will happen.