View Single Post
Old 26-04-2012, 04:49 PM #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
I agree, we've all laughed at these types of jokes, and i'd dare to suggest we've also all laughed at homophobic and racist and sexist jokes too.

I don't agree with humiliating people to the point of bullying, but in general we've all laughed at inappropriate jokes, so let's not get self-righteous. we're all guilty of this kind of humor.
Quote:
and who is to judge and decide what is appropriate? lemmie guess, people that agree with YOUR world view i guess?

The internet needs a 1st amendment. Someone at the UN needs to make that happen. God save us from Livia's fascist view of how the internet SHOULD be.

Livia has been absolutely horrible to me, but i'd never say that she shouldn't have the right to say those things to me. I support free speech absolutely. If the undemocratic joke that is the EU ever get's it's hands on the internet, everyone should be scared. Thank God the internet has been mainly regulated by the US with an iron-clad free speech policy so far.

Europe(the EU) should not be allowed anywhere near this issue.
Quote:
Trying to police the internet is ridiculous. It's like a vegan going to an S&M club and then complaining because there's too much leather.
Quote:
so the internet will have to be policed by the government because the people are untrustworthy? policed by who? the government? last time i checked every government in the world is pretty un trustworthy as well. so you are gonna have an untrustworthy group of people censoring an untrustworthy group of people?" how the F does that make any kind of sense?
Quote:
umm, i wasn't here 2 weeks ago lol and why was that? do i want my government given the same rights to censorship that the mods here have?. HELL NO!!! The mods here are the PERFECT example as to why censorship should not be allowed. The mods here make huge mistakes and are totally unfair, so how are you gonna use this forum as an example?? This forum PROVES that governments should NOT
have that kind of power!
All right, so you're saying that everyone on here has laughed at a racist, homophobic or sexist joke? How do you know? How can you be so sure? As I'm sure I have mentioned to you numerous times in the past week, unless you can prove your argument with substantiation, it remains an opinion and not a fact. Personally, most people I know wouldn't even think about laughing at discriminatory jokes, but all that's my experience. Even then, even if someone did laugh at such a joke, what's that in comparison to vile jokes being created about somebody? Here, all you have done is embarass yourself. You'll freely admit to laughing at discriminatory jokes, and you think that's acceptable?

Secondly, who is anybody to have a go at a disabled person and make a mockery out of a disabled person. The owners of the sites decide, the government decides, etc, and they qiite cleary decided that those pages were bang out of order. Who are you to question authority?

Thirdly, where did Livia say that she wants the internet to be policed? No, she didn't, so don't you dare even think about lying about other members. Did you actually read her post? Did you genuinelly miss that bit or are you just lying?

The moderators aren't perfect, but they're only human. They're all doing good jobs, and it's not as if you could even get the job if you went for it, so who are you to insult the people who keep this site going? Just who do you think you are? I saw what you were like, having a go, spamming
the forum asking why you got received a warning when you obviously do know why and making a right show of yourself. Have some respect for them - it's no easy walk in the park being a moderator and somehow
they've very kindly allowed you to still post, and you think you can stad there and have a go?

I honestly don't know why all your opinions are so controversial, but l
looking at your posts it's, well, nonsense and you know you can do far better than this.

Last edited by Redway; 26-04-2012 at 08:01 PM.