View Single Post
Old 30-04-2012, 10:57 PM #1960
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
My freezer and fridge.

Earlier today when I came in from town, I switched on the mains for my desktop and heard something go. I started powering up the computer and then noticed a trip switch had blown.

Then I noticed it was for the sockets that run the freezer and fridge. I powered off the computer ASAP and switched the trip back on. Fiddled with the thermostat in the fridge to get the compressor working to see if it was ok. The compressor for the freezer seemed to be working and I switched of the freezer and then switched it on back at the mains, and the compressor did not seem to switch back on. Thanks to some DIY, I can not get the freezer out of its place at the moment.

Checking the fridge again with manipulating the fridge thermostat, I got the compressor in the fridge to switch off with no apparent ill effect

I moved the contents of the freezer to the ice box of the fridge, and defrosted and cleared the freezer of ice. Then I switched it back on.

It still seems to be working along with the fridge. Not sure how long it takes a bench level freezer to get down to temperature where it's thermostat closes of for a while. That will be the next test to see if I need to get someone in to help me remove some beading from a breakfast bar where the freezer is and then load up the credit card, recently cleared to get a new freezer.

It's moments like this I still peek at the forum for.

I'd cradle you in my arms if I could, Sticks.