View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 05:48 PM #41
0_o

0_o

The main reason I hate churches (and yes I do hate them) is because of how they treat my grandma.

She used to go every sunday...and always put £50 in the collection. And £50 a week is a hell of a lot for a 70 year old living only on their pension.

Anyway, she got ill and went downhill really quickly so obviously had to stop going to church. I was living with her at the time. About a month after she stopped going, a letter came through the door...was just a plain white envelope and I used to open my grans post to get rid of junk mail and that, and make sure her bills were paid, so I opened it. Was a very short letter from her church. Said something along the lines of 'we have been missing you at church recently, hope everything is alright' and in with it was a collections envelope. I was ****ing fuming that they were still wanting cash off her, I didnt even tell her because I knew she was soft enough to give them it, I just put it in the bin. The week after that another collections envelope came with a note saying 'get well soon'. again, went in the bin.

That was the last of them, I think they got the hint. But for them to do stuff like that...just proves they are only out for money.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote