Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh
BB13: Lauren

Favourites (more):
BB15: Ashleigh
BB13: Lauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
But Julie quite clearly wasn't doing it to try & get the young man into bed or buy her a sports car, it was clearly for a laugh & I fully expect Julie's hubby knows what she is like & wouldn't have been in the slightest bothered by it...

A far better comparison would have been if an older man (say Martin) had groped the bottom of a young woman "servant", you could then compare Julie's groping to that if the foum was in uproar about double standards, but Danica is a completely different kettle of fish...
Julie was groping the man and making suggestive actions, it doesn't matter if it was for a laugh. It was inappropriate.

If you took a little time to re-read the OP you might, as most others here have found, that it was a little tongue-in-cheek. A funny way to point out the inconsistencies of how people perceive whats going on in the house.

Danica tells the Mike and Lorenzo that she is in a relationship, but does a little flirting anyway. The result is an uproar, people are damning her and demanding to know what the boyfriend thinks of it all. In fairness they, as a couple, are only together a few months. And its not like she's hiding what she does from him. Given what she does for a living is anyone surprised that she likes attention from the guys? Her career is a cry for attention.

Julie on the other hand is a married woman, a pensioner, and according to some shes an idol of the soap world. Groping a models ass was inappropriate. Pretending to perform oral sex on a banana was very inappropriate.

But there was a bigger reaction by the audience to Danica covering her head, in the rain, under Lorenzo's cloth. And thats what I find interesting. Hence the OP.

Because Danica's career choice isn't an excuse for Julie groping a young man. And I do question that if she's willing to do that, on national TV, then what is she willing to do in private?

Last edited by kefln; 29-08-2012 at 07:38 PM.
kefln is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote