View Single Post
Old 12-04-2002, 10:08 AM #51

Default Helen\'s Drawers

ROB, roving reporter here!

Why is she at home, I hear you ask? Well, two days back at work was enough to make me decide I needed Friday as a holiday!

Now, back to Helen's Drawers on this morning's Lorraine:

Helen has acquired two 3 drawer filing cabinets, had them sprayed pink, and stuck pieces of ribbon and glitter strategically all over them.

Cue lots of 'rifling around in Helen's drawers' comments on the intro, with the film guy and Richard Blackwood looking on approvingly.

Just an excuse for Helen to show us some over priced celeb toys, trinkets and trivia again really, but she was in her element, doing little fanfares as she opened each drawer. She obviously loves this stuff, and she's getting paid for it. Can't be bad!

A couple of snippets:
She had a pretty pink and white confecture of a tiara in her hair, and looked well, bubbly and happy as can be, ring intact, all well

Not a sniff of a PC mention, although she did remark that the Sony Ido robot dog responded better to a male voice. (How sad am I?) I think he will be mentioned only on high days and holidays now, but we know he's there in the background somewhere, not to worry.

This is to be a weekly Friday feature, so it looks like it's Tuesdays and Fridays from now on, plus a few special reports. I was surprised to see Paul Tonkinson seems to be undertaking the commando course with soldiers we were promised with Helen, and there haven't been anymore of the fitness investigations she was supposed to do. Yet.

Anyway, the plus side is:- two regular weekly features for now; and Helen seems to be growing in confidence and bubbliness.

One little comedy note, when looking in one of her drwers she pulled out a long magician style link of enormous ROB size knickers, saying she had forgotten she'd left them in there. She underplayed it nicely, and I think she does have a real untapped comedic talent!

Over and out!
Romantic Old Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote