View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 11:20 PM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom View Post
stuff
So much contradiction in that post...

But lets get down to brass tacks.

She made it clear repeatedly that no relationship would happen. Now whether she chose to drape herself over Mikes bed while naked it shouldn't matter. She had told him no, end of story. What he did was read into her behaviour that despite her words what she wanted was something else...

WHICH IS PRECISELY the same defense most date rape defendants use. "Oh yes she said that, but I could tell from her behaviour she wanted me"

Which is basically what Mike thought. Now like I said before, im not directly comparing the two, Im merely pointing out the link in thought process (which is clear) If that offends you then to bad Im afraid. Im not using it as point scoring, I genuinely feel this series has shown our society is just as backward and sexist as it always has been, women judged totally differently from men still and this inherent imbalance in society is the same reason so few rape cases end in conviction.

Ive served on a jury in a rape case, know family members who been through it as well, and the attitudes of people are shocking. Trust me its the same base opinions that drive this perception that she is some evil queen who leads men on and is immoral. The idea that women are somehow to blame for mens behaviour... and its bulls**t
RodHull is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote