View Single Post
Old 19-01-2013, 09:29 PM #75
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSL2012 View Post
They're out of touch like most retail stores, they need to compete against online outlets, price match and all that.

They still think customers are too naive to look elsewhere/online. So charge more in the hope the customer will pay because they can't be bothered to order online or go elsewhere etc. Quite clearly they're wrong...
Repped.

If record companies are willing to accept a few quid profit on downloading music what's HMV's problem with charging 17-21 euros - whatever that is in your crazy Queen money - for a new album? Printing CD's and manufacturing jewel cases doesn't cost that much.

Years now of making a mug of their customers and they still couldn't make a mint. It's the sign of a failed, shitty business model

It's sad to see a good browsing spot gone from the high street. I would love to have grown up in that age where record labels and stores were as important as the artists you were buying, but it's not happening. It's also sad to see so many of my friends out of work. I worked there for awhile and it's an awesome little job to have when you're in your early twenties being up to your neck in CD's and DVD's all day.

The focal point of our town is seemingly Dealz now. And that's a-okay with me. Cheap Toblerones are way more important than getting Drive, Brick and Planet Terror for a million quid.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote