Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobdo View Post
Although the rescue attempt was a bit of a disaster we have to remember that there were many workers saved,Algeria has sent a message out to the terrorists that there will be NO negotiation and any hostage takers will face almost certain death,i applaud them for that,the captured terrorists should be grilled then executed. That is the only way Al quaida will be beaten,those types will only stop if we start taking heavy measures against them,Saddam Hussain,Gadaffi,Mubarack and the syrian leader kept Islamists under control for years until we stuck our noses in and decided to give them "freedom"........thats one thing they dont understand,they only understand a fist of iron.

The Algerians need applauding......i hate it when i hear oooooo the SAS wouldve done better
Totally agree, this situation was never going to end well, the Algerians had to move in quick as all the Hostages (Non Muslim - Western) were being prepared to be moved to some undisclosed desert location where they would be kept for God's knows how long before ALL of them would have been slaughtered. There would be no deals no money no demands just cold blooded murder.

At least the Algerian authorities managed to create conditions where a lot of hostages were rescued and others managed to escape in all the confusion.

Also the Gas plant had to be saved as the wealth it generates is in the Billions of Dollars, the Army had to go in early to deny the terrorists time to destroy the plant or at least cause major damage.
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote