TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:
BB17: Lateysha

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:
BB17: Lateysha

Default Celebrity Big Brother's Speidi: 'Ofcom started bullying controversy'

Quote:
Celebrity Big Brother stars Heidi and Spencer Pratt have accused Ofcom of deliberately painting them as bullies just to "get their names in the media".

The former Hills stars previously wrote an open letter to the "whining" regulator following viewer complaints about their behaviour in the house.

Speaking to Digital Spy, Speidi accused Ofcom of stirring up a backlash and argued that they should "reevaluate what they do" for failing to recognise that the couple were merely "competing" in a game show.

"I think Ofcom was just trying to get press and get their names in the media for the big show at the time," Spencer said.

"We saw thousands of people on the street, we had hundreds of people lining up for our signing - I know how people are, when they have something to tell you they say it to you, and not one person said anything but positivity. I think that [bullying controversy] was all just created by Ofcom. I don't think anyone actually believes that."

He continued: "Ofcom, where were they during the Olympics? They should have complained about people trying to get the gold medal.

"It was a game, we were competing. Bullying is a real thing that has to do with race or sexuality or gender. It's way deeper than messing with people on a TV show."

Adding that she and Spencer had been "ganged up against" in the house, Heidi stated: "The only confrontations we had were from the other housemates saying negative things about us.

"It's not like we even started on anyone, we were just reacting to a house talking crap about us for days. Standing up for yourself and being a bully are two different things, and if [Ofcom] get them mixed up they should reevaluate what they do."

An Ofcom spokesperson has since told Digital Spy: "Contrary to inaccurate media reports, Ofcom has not opened any investigations into accusations of bullying in the recent series of Celebrity Big Brother."

A one-off special about the couple, Speidi: Scandal, Secrets & Surgery!, will air Monday, February 18 at 10pm on Channel 5

Champions 2013! #20
Thanks for everything SAF- Legend!
Proud HHH fan- TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!
bbfan1991 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote