View Single Post
Old 25-03-2013, 10:14 PM #8
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Mars III View Post
I find the ongoing North Korea saga very fascinating. Personally, I think it is all a show. I think Kim Jong Un is trying to enforce his power both nationally and internationally. It has been suspected that many in North Korea do not think that Kim Jong Un will live up to the legacy of Kim Jong-il(if you can call it that). Threatening war is a way that Un can show off his power and show his people that he will not be complacent.

That being said, one can't just dismiss North Korea. They are too much a wild card for that. If they attack South Korea, I find it impossible that it would also not lead to the United States and others entering the war.

Also what would China's obligation to North Korea be. China lately has been backing off more and more from North Korea, personally I do not think they follow North Korea into war, but you never know.

Is there any way to ease the tension between North and South Korea or is this going to remain a problem for years on end. It's hard to believe that war between the two will never happen, the stalemate will never last forever.

What do the people think?
I think worrying is a waste of time, if you can change what you are worried about, stop wasting the energy and go change it. If you cant change it then dont waste the time and energy worrying about it.

Kim Jong-un postures, poses and misinforms. He cant afford to go to war, he would lose and would lose his power as would others in the NK admin. China wouldn't back him if push came to shove simply because it would escalate too far too quickly. In the end no-one would win. Everyone would die.

Might sound a bit pessimistic but thats real life. Species have been wiped out throughout the planet's history, no doubt we will eventually be added to the casualty list.

If you want something to worry over, worry about asteroids hitting the earth.

Faeces happens.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote