View Single Post
Old 13-01-2007, 11:42 PM #14

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanser_Man
Quote:
Originally posted by BB fernzy
Not all dogs are the same though, my whippet wouldn't hurt a fly because she's been trained in the right way and they have a good nature anyway.

To answer your question Chris.I feel it should be down to the owner to be responsible for their dogs and if they cant be then they should be fined or even jailed should the dogs have been allowed off the lead or left to get out of the area they have been put in.If the dog itself is known to be vicious even when on a lead it should be put down imo as it's a danger to society.Certain breeds are know to be rather vicicous and they should automatically be trained in the right way to avoid being a menace.

Basically if you cannot look after a dog you shouldn't be allowed to have one, perhaps there should be a dog licence put in place where you're througly checked before you're allowed to keep one and if your dog does something out of line you'll have the licence taken away you'd not be able to have them ever again or perhaps after a few years in minor cases.
Thats the thing really, the owners bring then into this world and teach them there doings.

You see all these chavs walking round with there pit bulls and you know there only intention is for them to intimidate people. Ultimatley you'll get them lashing out and it tarnishes the majority of dog owners who bring them up to love and fuss!

Dog licencing would be a good step forward and maybe should be implemented to the breeders and maybe even one of the duties of the breeders should be getting them tagged and put on the system.

I don't like how, when the media reports on something, the government just throw a law at it and hope it all fades away. They should be thinking of these things beforehand and not have to be relying on the media for handouts.
That's the thing isnt it, these chavs with the pitbull's a staffordshire bull terries get the publicity for their stupidity and then those kind of dogs get all tarred with the same brush and you get people afraid of these type of dogs purely down to the stereotype made by moron owners who cannot train them properly.

I like the idea of having the dogs tagged that way whenever a dog get's out and attacks someone the owners who have been irresponsible enough to allow to roam free can be caught and prosecuted, it's all about putting into place a system to act as a deterant to these moron owners and it's always the way with a media outcry leading to a change in government law.Like you say these measures should be put in place already before the need for a media outcry.
Dan_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote