View Single Post
Old 25-04-2013, 09:49 PM #1187

Thumbs down MP’s son in dig at Katie Price's disabled son Harvey

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz2RVvJSfq2

Quote:
THE son of an MP has been slammed over a sick gag involving Katie Price’s disabled son Harvey.

Ian Lavery Jnr, 24, sent a tweet describing Harvey as a “vegetable” while making a crude reference to his mother.

Last night Sun columnist Katie, 34, blasted Lavery Jnr and his MP dad Ian Lavery, who is patron of brain injury charity Headway.

She said: “This makes me sick to my stomach. Not just that someone could be so vile as to think such a thing, but also could think it clever to repeat to the world on Twitter?

“What kind of father, what kind of MP, is Ian Lavery? He’s the patron of Headway — yet he brings his son up to think and act like this?

“These disgusting comments aimed at Harvey all too often get aimed at other disabled children and the poor souls his father’s charity rightly campaigns for. This is just as much a hate crime as racism and should be treated as such.”

Mr Lavery, 50, Labour MP for Wansbeck, said: “I’m absolutely appalled by it but I cannot police my kids and I have no intention to. They have to learn how to behave in the big wide world like I did.”

Lavery Jnr, from Newcastle, reacted angrily when initially confronted on Twitter. He said: “Does no ********* listen? Yes it was a sick joke that’s why it got deleted! Obviously some t*** managed to take a pic before it was deleted. Stop going on about it for ******* sake!”
Another tw@t on Twitter .....

How very brave to make fun of a disabled child .....
Omah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote