View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 04:52 AM #8
Canadian Royalty

Canadian Royalty

BB5/BB6/BB7 IMO were BB's glory years...

I have to say that BB6 and BB7 both owe their success to BB5's relaunch... And both the series were evolved out of seeds planted in the previous series...

I enjoyed BB7 a lot but look at it closely and one can see the cracks within the format forming... To be brutally honest there really wasn't much growth from the previous series... Unlike BB5 or BB6 which were both leaps and bounds ahead of the previous series... IMO BB7 is clearly the weakest of the three...

If I had to choose one series I'd like BB14 to be like I'd have to say BB5 as it set the tone for the series that followed... BB seems to be the most successful when idea's are built upon over time... The least successful 8, 9, and 10 series of the Channel 4 era were one-off and gimmicky... BB4 went "back to basics" after BB3 went outside the box and almost killed off the show... BB11 stands on it's own as neither good nor bad and the producers had nothing to loose... BB12 and BB13 are sort of a limbo but in terms of casting, BB13 built on the foundations Channel 5 set in BB12...