Old 29-06-2013, 05:15 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB12: Alex
BB13 USA: Jordan

Favourites (more):
BB12: Alex
BB13 USA: Jordan
Default I LOVE BBUK

Living in the states, I'd been a diehard fan of BBUS since series one. In 2010 I stumbled upon BBUK via the internet. I googled the show and realized there was mere weeks left in the series as C4 had given it the ax. With that knowledge I decided to finish the main show of BB11 but not UBB and went from BB11 to BB1. I literally DEVOURED the entire series, including CBB series, in 8 months. (I can't remember what they said on the series finale as far as how many hours that was, but it was A LOT in 8 months). Watching the C4 series finale I was in tatters. I felt like I was losing a trusted friend. Not only with Davina (who is EVERYTHING) but with Big Brother himself. The montage for Davina had me sobbing and the final fade out with all the houses and quotes that came from them sent me over the edge. (Who is she? Who IS SHE?!?!) Fading out with "Big Brother will get back to you..." gave me goosebumps and made me hopeful...
Then C5 picked it up and BB12 was upon us. I waited with baited breath for it to be uploaded online and still do to this very day.
I've been a mainly quiet forum member since I joined but having watched the launch of BBUS last night I felt I had to proclaim my love for BBUK.
I see a lot of people complaining about how C5 has ruined the series and I could not disagree more. It still has more heart, character and sass than BBUS could ever even hope to achieve. Marcus' voice went from dullsville to AMPED and I find the cheekiness of "Preeeeeeviously" to be endearing. (My roomies and I often talk in his voice to be silly) Name tags flashing? Who cares?! Clouds in the titles? Really? It's something to complain about?!
I am so thrilled it's still on the air. The task of them all trying to hide from the twins last night just reaffirmed my deep love for this show. It's everything the American version isn't; someone had to have seen Davina and then subsequently Julie Chen to proclaim Julie as Chenbot, as Davina (and now Emma) puts the US presenter to complete and utter shame; it's full of character, you get to know the housemates as people rather than them being strategists forming alliances and playing a game within seconds of walking in the house; and Big Brother himself is why I love it so much more. He's a character all to himself, often taking the piss with irony on his side, whereas the US version BB is rarely even heard unless it's to tell someone to stop singing.
I find it hard to watch the US version now and I'm so thankful I found BBUK. It has been such a thrill to watch in such a short period of time, but what I take away from it is my deep affinity for British culture. I love the show and even more so British culture, that I'm planning a trip for next year.
It goes without saying it'll be in the summer and I hope to be a member of the braying crowd on eviction night and hope to join Emma on the set of BOTS.
Cheers!
(Emma is doing a bang up job, isn't she?!)
oopsimawesome is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote