View Single Post
Old 15-07-2013, 10:52 PM #13
-

-

I've actually just watched the main show, and I feel like it's quite a complex issue now, more than from the brief bits I'd heard before, and more than you can see from the text transcript of events.

It all started out as a bit of slightly rough foreplay, basically. I actually think they both forgot where they were... most of the banter was this, and even the butt-slap although she was mad that it was so hard. You could tell it was essentially a sex game at that point. It was really awkward to watch.

Then it gets complicated. Because Daley took it to far - he grabbed her neck and started being more aggressive in what he was saying, and she was suddenly out of her depth. But, I'm positive from the footage that from HIS perspective, it was still just "rough foreplay". Some people are into that sort of thing - and I don't think he realised that he had taken it too far beyond what she was comfortable with. *I* didn't even realise until Big Brother called him off and she immediately scarpered across the room looking shocked / scared... that look wasn't fake, it's one of the first genuine expressions I've seen Hazel make.

She was never at risk, he was never going to hurt her, he was just in full sex role play mode (ugh), had forgotten where they were, and mistakenly thought she was up for it. She was up for it at first but he didn't "take the hint" when it had gone too far. The "hint to stop" was when she said "let's be sensible and have a cuddle instead" or something along those lines. She was basically asking to stop the game and he didn't listen.

What a mess, really. I do think it was right for him to go, because he completely forgot himself "in the moment" and that can lead to things going to far like they did. He really needs to watch what happened and learn to see himself better. Hazel needs to learn her limits and how to be clear when they've been reached... because she let herself get scared to the point where she felt powerless, when she could have ended it before it escalated. I've said before and I'll say again; she's just a silly young girl.

I feel sort of bad for both of them. He's been made out to be a monster when really he wouldn't have actually hurt her and wasn't threatening her... he thought he was being "sexy" and that she was enjoying it too. It was a "misunderstanding"... but a potentially dangerous one.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote