View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 04:20 PM #11
Jesus.

Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
Newspapers have had their day, and have no real future in todays world. With Instant communications from the main News agencies like reuters,Ass Press eg and coupled with Facebook/Twitter and other social media outlets news is now pretty much released as it happens.

People do want to wait for half a day to sit down and read old news, also the editorial influence can slant a story politically in the direction of the company or individual that owns the newspaper in question, so all the public end up with is a record of old biased news that probably doesn't accurately reflect the real story.

I think younger people now want their news from a variety of sources and are prepared to read the blogs or editorials from chosen/trusted sources rather than believe certain newspapers version of the truth.

Add to this the disgraceful behaviour of most of the Tabloid newspapers in demonizing public figures BEFORE any trial or verdicts have been released or pursuing overtly political ideologies (like the Mail), then quite frankly its no bad thing that Newspapers are on their way out.

I however will miss them for two reasons; one I like my Fish n Chips wrapped in Newspaper and they are useful to start my Coal fire in the winter.

apart from that..........good riddance !!!!
The answer to a worsening press, is to lose one of the really decent papers we have in this country?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote