Thread: 8 years...
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 11:28 PM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess View Post
I joined this forum 8 years ago today, a 14 year who felt weird and alone and I can't even begin to say how much this place has meant to be but I'll try.

It made me feel like being weird was a good thing and certainly not a rare thing. It gave me a place to talk about things I loved with people who cared. It helped me feel so much better about myself.

8 years ago I didn't even know who Take That were but this forum has seen me through 5 Big Brother couple obsessions, all of whom have broken up, Take That, my teenage years, my time in uni and some pretty rubbish but also amazing personal times.

It's introduced me to so many amazing people. I may not be that well known on here anymore but on Twitter I still speak to people I know from this forum on a daily basis.

I send people Christmas cards and have met up with a good few people on here, had some of the best days of my life with people from here(5th July Nickyyyy), had god knows how many MSN convos with the likes of Ash, Chris, Mark, Sophie and Stacey.

I found a Prestelle forum on here which lead me to some of my favourite people in the whole world. It also lead me to Take That which lead me to the most amazing times of my life without question.

I don't even watch Big Brother anymore but I auditioned for it once and met Josie who was pretty much the lovliest person ever.

Just, I have SO much to thank this place for, for the obsessions, for helping me feel that loving something as much as I do is a good thing, for helping me through some awful times, for introducing me to so many amazing things and most of all so many amazing people.

I wouldn't have imagined 8 years ago that I'd be here now, turning 23 in a few weeks, about to emigrate to London which has been a dream the whole time I've been on here and still having the passion for things I did back then and not hiding it but realising it's the best thing there ever is.

So yeah thanks TiBB for everything
We don't know each other Dar, but please let me be the first to say WELL DONE YOU I mean that sincerely - places like this didn't exist when i was young - and i'm well old now ! I would just like to wish you the very best of luck and happiness for your future , and i hope you never feel alone again- I'm sure you won't - as you sound lovely . Hope everything goes fantabulously well for you xx
hijaxers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote