View Single Post
Old 26-08-2013, 02:49 PM #70

*Sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
Can people post the ratings when we actually get plus 1 ect otherwise the forum gets cluttered with different numbers.
The excluding +1 figure is also important as it gives us an indication of how many were able to and made the effort to watch live and an indication of how many of the inc +1 figure missed it live but made the effort to catch up an hour later.
Quote:
Anyway It got 1.68 including +1

The same Sunday from BB14 got 1.51 so not far behind CBB12 so far.

Ben Frow needs to admit now that Summer CBB is a big expensive mistake.
It wasn't him that comissioned the summer series, Jeff Ford did, and tonight onwards, with the bank holiday over it should hopefully start hovering around or just beneath 2 million, yes that's nothing on the winter series, but it's up on or at least in line with the same series last year and is doing better than, as much as I would love it, an additional 3 weeks of the civillian series would.
Quote:
Its barely beating BB14 in the highlights so far.
Summer bank holiday effect, three day weekend + sun = people still out at 9, it'll be back up tonight or tomorrow, with people back in work and the show back on at 10, it's fine.
Quote:
Summer CBB is a massive expense and when paying 5 or 6 figure sums out to these celebs and only getting a slight higher ratings figure than a house filled with the normal people of civilian BB it doesn't really bode well does it.
I think Jeff Ford said that Desmond pays the celebs out of his money. If not, I'm sure Endemol have enough left over from C5's rights payments to afford them, and C5 from Desmond and Northern and Shell to cover it. If they didn't, they'd go back to one series.
Quote:
People warmed to the housemates in BB14 i think and wernt really ready to just see them forgotten about and chucked in the reality tv bin or for us to move on like it never happened lol.

#AskHazel is the top trending topic on Twitter right now....People are starting to get more interested in the civilian series again and that's what they need to invest in.
It is, I admit, nice to see how well BB14 went down, it's telling the amount of references there have been back to it on the celebrity BOTS shows so far, it's Channel 5's first all time civillian classic.
Quote:
Ben Frow recently said in an interview summer CBB could get the axe so he knows the score.

Anyway my dream is that this CBB flops like an 80 year old womans bingo wing.
He said nothing of the sort, that was a member here's (incorrect) interpretation of his comments about not wanting to rely on it. Ben simply meant he wanted to create or bring to the channel other juggernaughts too.
Quote:
So why don't you just post +1 if you are going to make the post so someone else doesn't have to.

Doesn't take much.
+1s aren't always available or out there straight away, particularly for weekend ratings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBB View Post
I Have A felling This Summers celeb bb will flop and be axed!
next year in january it will be down 100k but i fully expect next years summer bb to rise another 200k if they play it right, if it fails to rise another 200k on the previous year big brothers in serious trouble, but then again if bb reaches that magic 2+ million and starts to decline from that the year after it will be in serious trouble again.
Have you not heard Ben speak on them? It will be in no trouble at all, stop scare mongering. He's very pleased with BB's rating this year, and fully intends to renew in April (something Endemol seem to think he'll do again the time afterwards as well as they've renewed their planning permission for 5 years), while he'll no doubt like them to rise further, as long as they don't fall from where they are now, the show's fine. He expressed Friday that the show's around for the long haul.
Quote:
The reason i want it to fail is so Channel 5 realise the fans would rather see two spectacular shows each year not 4 been pushed in our faces .

We would like to actually remember the winner and not throw them in the bin after 3 days.

Making the final in civilian BB means nothing now, its no longer an achievement as your literally out and get no acknowledgement for sticking it out for 10 weeks with 16 crazy people.

The summer series should be event television and not over shadowed by CBB.

Housemates have a better chance of staying in the public eye until the run up to the next summer aswell and housemates in the press is the best promotion the show can get.

TOWIE would be nothing without the press attention and that what BB needs.
I trust Ben to judge for himself what to do in April when the series for 2015 and 2016 are decided, though if he does keep the summer CBB, I do hope he at least creates a month's gap between the two to give BB breathing space.

Last edited by DigitalSid; 26-08-2013 at 03:52 PM.
DigitalSid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote