Thread: Sir Tom remains
View Single Post
Old 16-09-2013, 04:37 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
totally disagree. watching tom talk or sing is like sitting in front of a magnificent roaring fire......tom is a legendary raconteur, hes unscripted, hes genuine, hes uber passionate, if the fellow judges bore him he gets quieter, that stuff bores him..... the likes of jessie j are full of cliches, ego, also somewhat bitter at times and devoid of humour, and self praising herself. thats just so boring. who wants to hear that pretentious drivel when youre in your 70s and been at the top for nigh on 50 years? she will rant bitterly how she is the best judge and the hardest worker and how its harder for women to sing blah blah.........tom just says you remind me of my butty frank sinatra game over.

tom considering who he is, is not egotistic, but he is ferocious in his passion for music. when he gets good chemistry with interesting people magic happens. hes a true creative artist and thrives on the passion ....ive got loads of his old shows, he was such a generous performer too , all his duets were world class too, the man is/was a magnificent force of nature and oozes passion intensity and warmth from every pore. irreplacable
haha, i'm liking your analogy regarding the 'roaring fire', i guess that's true to a degree.

Still, i disagree with the general consensus of your post, i guess at the end of the day it's all subjective, we all look for different factors in deciding what best pleases us, Tom just misses a fair few for me when it comes to coaching on a tv talent show. The BBC are obviously looking for different artists to appeal to various age groups, I just don;t feel they have it right with Tom. Off the top of my head i'd say Annie Lennox could be a decent addition, smart, articulate and fiery when need be. Not sure she is the type to accept this sort of role though, but then again i'd probably have had said the same before Tom was appointed.

Last edited by Stevep; 16-09-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Stevep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote