View Single Post
Old 24-09-2013, 08:56 AM #47
-

-

An important aspect of comedy is being taken by surprise, not knowing what's coming. Therefore, most comedians sort of peak after a couple of years - when theyve hit their comfort zone on stage but still have surprising and fresh material.

Russell Brand was hilarious in his first couple of live DVDs but lately he's a bit predictable - although I still like his more serious side, he has a lot of astute political insight.

Frankie Boyle was great on Mock The Week too, but started recycling jokes in his live shows which got lame, fast. although, I did read his most recent book and it was decently funny, and again with a lot of political insight. Plus there was a fictional chapter about him being contacted by the police, because a sex offender is targetting washed-up comedians and they fear he might be the next target. there's a whole deadly serious paragraph where theyre telling him that Dom Jolly has been molested... Totally cracked me up, heh.

Have to say I completely agree about Lee Evans though. How is he famous?? why is he making any money?? How can anyone not want a giant newspaper to just come down and swat him like a fly?
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote