View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 12:24 PM #23
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
There are all sorts of conspiracy theories about poor Madeleine. but I genuinely think she died in an accident that was quickly covered up.

I think they gave her a mild sedative and put her to bed so that they could go out - she got up, groggy, fell and hit her head, they came back and panicked (because she would have had drugs in her system) and covered it with the abduction story.

It's the only explanation I've ever seen that makes any sense at all.

I thought it was far fetched that her parents would have drugged her at first - then was utterly dumbfounded a couple of years ago, when I discovered during a rather heated debate that parents sedating toddlers with low doses of drowsy-antihistamines (for example, on long flights) is horrifically common (apparently I'm very judgemental for thinking it's wrong to drug your perfectly healthy child??).

Now I have no problem believing that two doctors with access to meds would sedate for an evening out, and the explanation above makes even more sense.
Yup, this is my thinking too. Has been for years.

As for why they keep it in the public eye, thats a harder one. It could be that they just like the attention it gives them (Kate brought it all back up in the press right before her book came out iirc). It could be that they know a lot of people think they are guilty and what better way to avoid looking guilty than to keep dragging it back up. It could even be that they are utter sadists who feel glee at what they have got away with (last one extremely unlikely)

The police bloke in Portugal who is being done for libel..is that the one who brought the book out that basically said they did it?
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote