View Single Post
Old 20-10-2013, 03:51 PM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Americans actually do love Halloween, Xmas etc a lot more than we do, they get right into it, the amount of work I get from now until just after xmas is unreal and it's mostly for Americans.
I think it's because we have 4 major holidays all back to back... halloween, thanksgiving, christmas and new years, it's like 3 months of excitement, and it all builds up to a major release on New Years. I love it. The timing of the holidays really helps to build excitement and get people in the spirit.

It's like a cycle. you start with celebrating evil and all things dark and letting your mind and imagination go crazy and explore your darkest fantasies on Halloween, then you have Thanksgiving which is celebrating the harvest and bounty and you are still celebrating greed which is bad, but also celebrating family and coming together and giving thanks which is good, and then you have Christmas which is all about celebrating good, generosity and sharing. and then you have New Years which absolves everyone of their year, and you can start over all fresh and new.

The American holiday season is like a circle.

Last edited by lostalex; 20-10-2013 at 03:56 PM.