View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 10:59 AM #42

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
OH FFS, do we need to have another thread like this. There was 529 hits on the other one that got closed because it was becoming a straight bashing exercise and an argument about whether he got warned ort not. The clip we saw was edited, so he may have been warned (IN WORDS OF OFFICIALDOM) off camera and what he said was off the cuff and has been discussed to death. OK he might be a bit of a homophobe but that's his world.

Last time I looked, gays on tv like Alan Carr and the like, say things 10 times worse all the time. Vegans have extreme views on meat eaters, Greenpeace has extreme views on world affairs and the planet and people with gender issues are very verbal against people that don't sing their tune. There is a bit of a difference between a statement of intent and an innocuous comment between friends. Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to even broach the subject of gay issues on here due to the large imbalance and the added shield of PC immunity on here, so I guess we will have to live with it but to pillory the man for what he said is wrong. He should have been advised to tone it down. In my book he was neither better nor worse than the comments made by the tart about finger bashing. However on here it seems to be virtually impossible to discuss gay issues rationally so we need to sideline it as an expression fo an opinion that went out of control. But he was warned so he now knows.
Erm...I think my original post is very open minded and not one sided and was intended to get people to actually discuss it and not throw insults like the last one.

The post I see a forum member denying he said certain comments is just ridiculous.

Im all for freedom of speech and I wanted to hear more of the conversation to be honest I was genuinely interested in what he had to say.

Surely you must understand being compared to a handicap and saying we are wrong could cause insult?

Hes a devout Christian from a black community in America who are very passionate about the Bible to a point they seem slightly brainwashed by it.

I am not "wrong" or a "handicap" neither do I need to be fixed.

I think people are more angry because even though it was an apparent opinion he was preaching it and forcing his opinion as fact.

Heres some of the things he said, it wasn't really an *in my opinion I think....Which would have made it a lot better as the words he said WERE homophobic.

"That ain't normal"

"If you were born and your leg were turned this way - what would you do? You go to the doctor and get it fixed back right?"

"All I'm trying to tell you, you know how handicap people are born?"

"You can’t say because they are born that way you can’t move that..."

"Yes it is a choice,"

In regards to Luisa I don't think she didn't want to talk about it because he may get into trouble, I think she thinks it will put her in the firing line to face eviction as they are chained up together.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 06-01-2014 at 11:25 AM.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote