Old 20-01-2014, 03:47 PM #157

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
She says he "gets on my tits" because he's not into her games. Linda was the one who started the accusations of misogynism and sexism, and Luisa is very easily influenced by Linda. I haven't really seen him being particularly so, but men of his generation usually are, even though they don't see it in themselves, so it's hardly surprising and not a cardinal sin. There was a guy on this forum who told me that Jim should rise above Linda's behaviour because she was menopausal and females have hormonal issues. That, for me, is patronising and sexist, and if Jim was coming out with stuff like that then I'd be absolutely in agreement with Luisa and Linda. It still wouldn't excuse their behaviour or the bitching and bullying.
Talk about twisting words! I was the man on this forum who said that Linda was going through the menopause (which she herself said) - and I said that I sympathized with that as I knew that at the time of the menopause women's hormones can make their emotions go all over the place. What is patronizing and sexist about that? It is a well documented, physical, medical FACT. I did not say that Jim should rise above it, just that I gave her a bit of a pass.

Then you use the generalization that men of Jim's generation are usually misogynist and sexist? That opinion is ageist and sexist. I am not much younger than Jim, and I am neither.
Talk about double standards!

Last edited by jet; 20-01-2014 at 03:49 PM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote