Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
the point is she couldnt think os anything sexist he had done in the house so couldnt find any reason to justify the accusation at all. to falsely accuse someone is inverted sexism. thankfully she retracted her words
You know as well as I do that that isn't true, don't get me wrong - I think Jim's a nice man at heart, and he has been a really great housemate, integral to this series even - but he has made quite a few sexist remarks in his time in the house

She actually cut the conversation off because she said she didn't want an argument, it wasn't a case of her 'not being able to think of anything', she said she'd realised that that was a part of who he was (or words to that effect) and he shouldn't change

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballPaul View Post
Yeah but i don't think Louisa knows much about sexism herself tbh.She says Jim is sexist and then makes sexist comments herself.She thinks it only works one way.
I don't disagree with that, there have also been a couple of unfair remarks made by Luisa and Linda that have categorised and stereotyped men which I weren't happy with, but they were part of widescale, more discreet type of gender inequality that most of us are all guilty of in our day to day lives - beliefs, ideas, traditions about the way in which both men and women should act and definitions of 'masculinity' and 'femininity' which are at their very core sexist and unequal. But combatting those ideas certainly isn't going to happen overnight and they aren't the kind of blatant, knowing sexist attitudes that some people do hold, as in they genuinely believe the things that they're saying, rather than just saying them because that's what they've been brought up to believe (as most of us have), if that makes sense

Jim has made some questionable remarks which do not necessarily stem from ideas we are brought up with, perhaps ones he may have been brought up with himself yes, but beliefs which are now slowly being ironed (quite an ironic word actually given the context) out of fashion - whereas the other remarks against men that I mentioned stem from ideas taught at birth, and whilst unfair and need addressing, are ones which aren't knowing and blatant - I hope that makes sense, it does in my head
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote