Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
True, but people do wander off. You can leave a bar with a large group, get to the next bar and realise someone has gone AWOL... you just assume (and it's usually the case) that they've just seen someone they know and gone off to talk to them, or they've deliberately slipped away without saying anything to go home because they were done and telling people that you're going generally prompts people to start trying to convince you to stay out. It's easier to just go.

I'm not saying that it isn't sad that no one noticed or that there isn't a good argument for sending the message, to young people especially, that they should look out for each other whilst out drinking... just that I understand how it happened, and I do feel bad for her friends who will inevitably be blaming themselves already when it was just a tragic accident.
I agree people do sometimes wander off without saying goodbye, but in this case I think I'm right in saying they ALL left the Club together and they let her wander off on her own in the state she was in.

This is where I feel the people in that group made a terrible misjudgement, they should have either got a cab home or someone should have stayed with her who was less drunk to see her home OK.

You do not let drunken 20 year women go off pissed out of their heads on there own across bridges.

I don't blame the other people for this tragedy BUT I do feel this accident was entirely preventable.