we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

Lily Allen: 'Feminism shouldn't even be a thing anymore'
Quote:
Lily Allen has said she does not think feminism should be an issue in 2014, stating that "everyone is equal" in the modern world.

Allen, who will release new album 'Sheezus' later this year, made the comments as part of her role as guest editor of mens magazine Shortlist's 'How To Be A Man' issue. Speaking about a song on her forthcoming album, which tackles the way she believes women behave towards one another, Allen says that women are their own "worst enemy."

"Feminism. I hate that word because it shouldn't even be a thing anymore," she said. "We're all equal, everyone is equal. Why is there even a conversation about feminism? What's the man version of feminism? There isn't even a word for it. Menanism. Male-ism. It doesn't exist."

Speaking about the problems facing women more generally, Allen continues and expresses her theory about who the real "enemy" is: "It's much the same [as it used to be]. But I don't think men are the enemy. I think women are the enemy. I know that when I'm sitting in a restaurant and a really beautiful woman walks in, who’s skinny, I instinctively think, 'Oh, she's really skinny and beautiful and I’m really fat and ugly.' So it's more of a competitive thing. It's weird. It's just really unhealthy and we're our own worst enemy."

Allen recently revealed that she is worried Kanye West will call her out on the title of her forthcoming album 'Sheezus'. The singer, who won Best Solo Artist at last week's NME Awards With Austin, Texas, named her third album as an homage to the rapper, who released his album 'Yeezus' last year.

Allen released two singles last year, a cover of Keane's 'Somewhere Only We Know', which featured on a TV advert, and 'Hard Out Here'. She recently followed it up with 'Air Balloon' but still hasn't announced when her third album, her first since 2009's 'It's Not Me, It's You', will be released.
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote