View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 03:51 PM #13
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
People only like her because she makes sarcastic music. She can barely sing, she's a comedian pretending to be a musician. In the past, while her stuff has never been to my taste (as I like actual singers) I can appreciate that she's witty and her songs were cleverly written - but so far she's cashed in on a Keane song for an ad campaign, released a lead single that lazily made fun of people and a second single that's been completely underwhelming and she's, despite currently promoting it, openly admitted that she doesn't even like it! If she doesn't care about her music and is being so blatantly obvious about the fact this is just for the money (remember she declared her 'retirement' from music a couple of years ago? Yeah right...) then why should we, the audience, bother to care?
Don't agree with the top line, I like every song on It's Not Me, It's You and most haven't got much to do with sarcasm, they are just cleverly written songs. I wouldn't say she cashed in on a Keane song, she was approached and she took it (who wouldn't? It's the biggest advert of the year). HOH didn't perhaps match the other peaks of her career but was a nice enough track and Air Ballon is bloody catchy, and even I didn't like it at first. You're not goimg to care, and quite right, because nobody cares for music which isn't to their taste.
Jake. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote