Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

If this was his first budget, it would make fairly good reading, after almost 4 years in power it is one that really represents failure all through these last 4 years.
I am totally dismayed at the freezing of duty on spirits and cider, alcohol causes great harm and I find it beyond belief that he is leaving all that be,

Whatever savings as to tax etc; well they dont come anywhere near the lost 2 to 3 hours a week that a growing number of workers are finding in their work contracts.
The supermarket where I shop, one of the staff mentioned that 'all' workers are seeing a minimum 2 hours reduction as to their working hours.
A lost income of around £20 every week from now.

It would also seem that it is believed all pensioners have money to invest in ISA's and are pretty well off in the main.
That may be the case for some people of pension age that George Osborne takes notice of but it is not representative of the people of pension age that I come across.

A 'hot air' budget that is all about in the main failed policies, unfortunately failed policies he intends to stick with.
Not only stick with but to then expect from voters another 4 to 5 years to do all he said his policies would do from 2010 by 2015.
The deficit nowhere near his target of being all but cleared and maybe even not even halved by the time of the election
he derided Labour's plan not to make cuts in the first year and then to halve the deficit over 4 years as unambitious and a target that would be disastrous for the Country.
He took over at a time when the recovery was in place and growth was 1.1% in the last quarter of Labour's policies.
It is now over 2% when really it should be at the very least be nearer 5%.
What a shambles and what a nerve to expect voters to let him do a re-run of the 2010 election because his ideas have come nowhere near he said things 'had' to be by 2015.
No prizes for failure and failure is all this budget represents as to this Chancellor and Govt:

This lot are so out of touch with 'ordinary' people and most voters in this Country it is unbelievable.

Thank goodness for Ed Miliband's bit of light relief,when he was on about Etonians being in the cabinet, then looked for Michael Gove in relation to that comment as Gove had indicated his view on it.
On finding him saying he was hiding but then added it looked like he had been sent to the naughty step.
When that is the only highlight of budget day in the main, it shows how bad a Chancellor we have.

For me this is a at best only a fair,(not in the just sense), budget that really does not a thing for ordinary people squeezed by the cost of living rising so far ahead of everything else over the last 3 years particularly.

A school report on this would likely say 'this Govt has to do much better than this', since however this Govt is determined to stick with the failing policies of the last 4 years then the only thing a report could say about them is 'this Govt cannot and will not do much better'.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote