View Single Post
Old 30-03-2014, 10:36 PM #17

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman
X Factor 2013: Hannah Barrett

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman
X Factor 2013: Hannah Barrett

I worked at V last year and i'm sure you'll have a great time, but definitely not the festival for me.

At the risk of sounding an absolute prick, it was full of chavs. I served someone one night, who'd just had a chunk of his cheek bitten out for 'looking at a guy funny' and it just didn't have that festival atmosphere. Probably due to the fact that the arena closes at night so there's nothing to do but go back to your tents and get pissed (I think that's what causes the trouble because everyone is cooped up getting drunk). I think if it had been my first festival i'd have loved it though.
Nothing will ever beat Glasto in my eyes.

First of all the people. Yes people 'get f* cked' and have a great time but they're also so much nicer than any gig/festival crowd i've ever been to. Perhaps it's the old 'hippy' roots, but everyone is so chilled and just happy to be there. I had conversations with so many different sorts of people, there were workshops and stuff, a hidden piano bar and it never ends. I partied to Diplo till the sun came up and went back out every night/morning.
That's what I missed with V, so can't wait to go back this year.

Reading/Leeds are like a cross between V and Glasto imo.
I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time wherever you go though!

Last edited by james130; 30-03-2014 at 10:36 PM.
james130 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote