Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I see a lot of those myself...I am classed as overweight now according to BMI too, despite me looking ill (and everyone commenting on how ill I look) when I lose weight

I was a chubby kid, but my brother and sister were like beanpoles despite eating the same as me. I dont really understand it, I do think I got my dads genes (hes quite big) and they got my mums. I think some people are just designed to be bigger no matter what tbh...

It depends how 'fat' we are talking really. Chubby isnt a problem IMO...but massive is.
When children are weighed in school though it doesn't take much to send them over the "normal" weight centile, alot of these kids will have a growth spurt and the weight falls off and evens itself out, the pressure on kids to look a certain way is bad enough without people pointing accusatory fingers at parents. A friend of mine has 3 boys, 2 beanpoles and the eldest was a bit chubby which he was very self conscious about, he ate the same food as the rest of them so are his parents abusers? once he reached his mid teens the weight fell off naturally and he is what would be considered normal now. I know what you mean about 10 stoners, but that is what I would call obese, not chubby.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote