Thread: 10 Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 06:14 PM #21

Quote:
Originally posted by Z
Dan: There's already a divide. People are sick and tired of eachother, nobody is going to suddenly start getting along because the parties involved are all decided on what they think of other users. It's not going to change; perhaps the atmosphere can be calmed but people are still going to dislike eachother.

"Would the other sides just post on their dislike for other members, the idea sounds like some little gang of kids going to their own treehouse where they can hide away from others and discuss things as they like, it's a forum for goodness sakes, people comment where they like and that's the great part of it."

Just to address this point separately, well, I'd fully expect those topics to be discouraged. Moderators can still control everywhere, it's just the regular members who can't access one board. I'm not quite sure what the problem is with that idea, it's not like anybody's exclusively being excluded, you can access one board but not the other. Makes logical sense to join the board where your friends are. And hopefully, as time passes, the grudges will fade.

I'm not quite sure what you want me to say about the treehouse comment, because that's exactly what it's meant to be like. Only nowhere near as sinister as you're making it sound. I agree, on a regular forum the great part of being a member is being able to post everywhere. But on this forum, far too many people despise eachother.

"I'd either learn to ignore those people who you find you cannot get a word in edgeways and find other topics to start and post in or just post where and when you want without bothering about some silly little groups. "

It's impossible not to be bothered, I was added into a conversation on MSN yesterday where I was effectively given 18 pages worth of abuse. I do not appreciate that kind of virtual "bullying" <-- I wasn't offended by it, I was offended that people feel that they can get away with it. MSN is outside of control, but it's not like I particularly want to get told I'm "full of myself" is it?
Well those people involved perhaps need to learn that you cannot get on with everyone and if they carry on insulting people in every other topic just because they don't agree with others, then they will get banned.The rate it is going it will end in that and they will have learnt the hard way.

I just do not see seperate boards as the right way to go down,it's just not feasable with the forum as it is, especially with BB8 coming up it does not even make for overall great debates as alot of the time those will just go onto a board where they have the same ideas and the same likes and dislikes and it all just becomes fairly tedious.I think it sets a bad example to people who cannot get on a debate in a reasonable manner that they are being accommodated because they cannot control themselves and have to be kept apart to not have arguments.

I really don't condone those who gave you verbal abuse over msn, if people acted in that way to me they would be blocked straight away.
Dan_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote