View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 03:53 PM #13
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

I think a lot of us share the view that the children shouldn't have been left in the room alone. I saw an ariel photo of the location, and they were a fair bit away. I wouldn't have left my children there, especially not in a foreign country, but not even at home. I wouldn't go in to my neighbours house and leave my children sleeping in my house. My job is to protect them when they can't protect themselves, and I'm afraid that sleeping children, especially pre-school age can not protect themselves.

I was horrified when I first heard about it because I did think it was a very careless thing for the parents to have done. I have since learned that there is a creche/childminding facility at their resort and we all know they can certainly afford to pay for it, so really there was no excuse. However, it makes me wonder how many other parents do the same thing. Is it the "done thing" at these resorts? I've never been abroad, so I don't know. I'm sure it wont be the done thing now though.

I would assume the parents have been questioned and ruled out as suspects Sticks. They certainly would do in this country. I'm not sure how the Portuguese police operate though.

However, all that aside, I'm a parent, and I do feel extremely sorry for the McCann's and I can't imagine their pain right now. Regardless of blame, or negligence, the fact remains that this little girl is still missing, possibly dead or worse, and should be home with her family.

I have another article to post shortly.
lily. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote