View Single Post
Old 26-08-2014, 07:19 AM #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..hmmm it's funny how we see things differently and yet we're all watching the same thing but that's the fascinating and interesting thing of BB and 'people watching'......yeah, I can understand how you see it and make valid points, maybe he did think Gary meant 32 years together and that was clarified...I think walking away was fine if he had just done it less rudely and he always seems to pride himself on 'behaving well' type thing ...I also think in general, not just with this ..that we're much more open to at least listening, even though we may disagree if we like that person/have tolerance for them..?..but when we don't have any, when we have complete intolerance or liking for them, then we're thinking...no I don't want to give any time to this etc..?...

..and I think the fact that James was not prepared to conversation yet Gary was prepared to, says to me where the 'intolerances' lie and 'who is the bigger person' despite their past differences....
I'm pretty sure James could try to be less rude if he had the inclination, but I don't think Gary was up for a conversation as such here. This was all set up for a centre stage Gary monologue if James was prepared to indulge him.

I like Gary, but he's no saint, and he has an ego at least as big as James' if not bigger.
I think Gary will have to handle people walking away at times - he is unlikely to adapt himself, and I don't think he has quite the characteristics to persuade others to adapt to him.
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote