View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 06:43 PM #12
User banned

User banned

I can recall it minute by minute
i slept late as usual, my mate sent me a message to watch the news
my niece was 3 and I was baby sitting......i turned on the tv and like everyone was horrified beyond words.....the shots of the innocent people perishing, the legendary firemen exhausted to the point of collapse and risking absolutely everything brought tears to my eyes as did the photo of just the statue of liberty amidst the smoke and carnage.....one moment though which I recall vividly , was by darling little niece.....as we saw the towers fall again and again , she would keep saying oh oh , oh oh, then she stood in front of the tv, blocked my view of it and turned the tv off and got me to carry on playing with her......
something about that moment made sense to me, playing with her peacefully in the garden was cathartic and somehow seemed more important than ever.

I recall the endless stories of valour and bravery. the miracles of those who did survive, the pride of the families who lost their beloved trying their best to survive and help others. The wya it brought the city together was just awesome... I recall a story of one of my great heros, robert deniro, the unofficial king of new york , feeding all the firemen at his own expense and helping raise millions , hosted documentaries and fund raisers...along with 100s of of other stars. but it was all about the people the families and the city.

I salute you today america, I salute each and every victim and brave hero who tried to help , to all the families and friends who suffered, to new york, imo still the greatest city on earth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZMO-2-xT9c
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote